The Quixote One Wind Energy Project (the Project) received its FIT contract for a 2.5 MW project on July 4, 2011. Leader Resources Services Corp. (Leader Resources) was contracted by the Project owner (Quixote One Wind Energy Corp.) to develop, construct and operate the Project located within the Municipality of Kincardine, in Bruce County, Ontario.
Leader Resources has undertaken the preparation and submission of the Renewable Energy Approval (REA). Working with Golder Associates and GL Garrad Hassan, Leader Resources will be completing the documentation and reporting as well as coordinating and evaluating studies such as the Cultural Heritage Assessments, Natural Heritage Assessment and other studies as required.
The Combined Notice to Engage and Notice of First Public Meeting was published on April 2, 2013, and again on May 1, 2013 in the Kincardine News, online at the proponents’ website and hand delivered to area residents within 550m of the Project location. The initial public meeting was held May 8, 2012 at the Kincardine Municipal building. The project’s layout was established with the publication of the Draft Site Plan Notice in both the Kincardine Independent and the Kincardine News on September 26, 2012. The notice was reissued on October 2, 2012 in the Kincardine News. The Notice to Engage for the final Public Meeting was published in the Kincardine Independent on December 19, 2012 and again on February 13, 2013. The final public meeting was held February 21, 2013 at the Kincardine Municipal Building.
Leader Resources is working with area representatives through an ad-hoc committee established for the Majestic, Meyer and Quixote One Wind Energy Projects. The last meeting held with the ad-hoc committee was on December 13, 2013 at the Kincardine municipal building. Leader Resources will continue to consult with the public, local municipalities, and Aboriginal communities regarding all aspects of the project leading up to the commercial operations date.
For those who would like to submit questions, please use the electronic comment form, or send a letter to the address listed below. Email may be sent to email@example.com. All correspondence will be included in the Renewable Energy Approval application.
- Q1 CLC Documents - 2015-12-15.pdf?
- Q1 WEC – Public Meeting Agenda for October 6 2016.pdf?
- Q1WEC - Archaeological Stage 1-2 Report - Final (April 27, 2012).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Archaeological Stage 2 Report Amendments - Final (Oct 5, 2012).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Construction Plan Report - Final (April 30, 2013).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Consultation Report - Final (15May14).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Decommissioning Plan Report - Final (April 30, 2013).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Design & Operations Report - Final (April 30, 2013).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Environmental Effects Monitoring Plan - Final (March 31, 2013).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Environmental Effects Monitoring Plan MNR Completeness Letter (April 2,2013).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Heritage Assessment - Final (Apr 26,13).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Minor Modification Report - Final (June 21, 2013).pdf?
- Q1WEC - NHA Environmental Impact Study - Final (7Dec2012).pdf?
- Q1WEC - NHA Evaluation of Significance - Final (7Dec2012).pdf?
- Q1WEC - NHA Records Review - Final (5Dec2012).pdf?
- Q1WEC - NHA Site Investigation - Final (7Dec2012).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Noise Study Report - Final (April 9, 2014).pdf?
- Q1WEC - PDR - Final (April 30, 2013).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Post-Construction Bird & Bat Mortality Monitoring Report FALL 2015 (Jan 27, 2016).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Renewable Energy Approval (NUMBER 9132-9JGJTQ).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Technical Specifications Report - Final (April 30, 2013).pdf?
- Q1WEC - Water Report - Final (Nov 4, 2013).pdf?